Our mission is the facilitation of Clarity in:
Communication, Learning and Experience Design,
and the Stories we tell ourselves and others.
StoryMatters is committed to...
1. Lifting others up by being a passionate cheerleader. My coaching is individual (even when in groups) and aids team members in growth, confidence and knowledge on how to better present themselves.
2. Being reliable, responsible and engaged. I listen. I ask questions. I always seek “win win” outcomes.
3. Foster a relationship of integrity, creativity and trust. After all, I want you to want to recommend me to your colleagues and I want you to want me to come back!
4. Being guided by the rule of good intent. Even when the truth hurts, it is guided by the rule of good intention.
I will always tell you what is true because I have your best outcome at heart.
5. Being willing to make a mistake while encouraging you to do the same. Creativity comes from trial and error and often in our sessions we will float ideas and try different things. Only when we try them will they know if they will and will not work.
6. The value an unknown outcome and encourage you to do the same. After all, the greatest inventors, artists and innovators had vision and direction but no certainty of outcome.
7. Providing remarkable learning experiences. Using innovation techniques of improvisation, storytelling, brainstorming, education and continuous improvement
8. Recognizing that I can give you great counsel, but you make the ultimate decision. As I provide you with the wealth of my experience and expertise, I will always coach you to make the right decision for yourself and/or your company. Even when I disagree with that decision.
C-suites, HR teams, sales teams and entrepreneurs hire Bridget K. Brown to increase their expertise and the skills of their employees by empowering them to craft the right message for the right audience and deliver it with confidence.
Bridget is a public speaking, storytelling coach and facilitator who specializes in making the complex clear and coaching the right story out of people. Her super power is coaching and being a passionate cheerleader for her students and clients. AND her workshops are always a lot of fun!
As a Certified Applied Improvisation Instructor with 15+ years of instructional design and facilitation experience, she combines her background as an actress, writer, and instructional designer by using elements of improvisation in her work.
Bridget has trained at the Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science at Stony Brook University and Duarte Academy for Presentation Skills in Silicon Valley.
She is a former Adjunct Instructor in the School of Engineering and Applied Science at Washington University in St Louis. She has created global security awareness programs for two Fortune 500 companies; coached scientists in TEDx talks and helped organizations within the healthcare industry tell stories which aid them to sell their data-driven products in order to increase their bottom line.
She lives in Southeastern Connecticut.